Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Siouxsie and The Banshees - A Kiss in the Dreamhouse

It may appear that i'm quite behind on my schedule. but i'm merely behind on the posting part rather than the listening. You'll be pleased to know, my quintet of readers, that more insightful, intriguing and incoherent musings are just around the corner. I've been given a time frame of 5-15 working days for delivery of my spanking hot ADSL2 connection, and preparations are already in place for its arrival. I have removed the old virgin modem from the spot where it sat sniggering at me for the past year and beaten it to death with a sock full of 20 cent coins. I've created a nice home for the new modem, clean and dry with plenty of fresh air and some snacks in case it gets hungry. I've decided i'll give it a few days to get settled before i start thrashing it to within an inch of its life. But boy, i hope it comes prepared because i am going to beat the living hell out of this thing. Today's album and the following are connected in one way or another so i might just mosey on through them with the odd comment or two and then by the end it'll all make sense. well at least to me. I would say that around 80% of the bands i know and love owe someting to Siouxsie and the Banshees. Pioneers for their time they made music that influenced not only the style of future bands but also for their creativity, their almost arrogant flair and their raw power on stage. Lead singer Siouxsie Sioux is an icon of female vocals and has inspired the likes of PJ harvey, Peaches and Karen O. This album is thought of by music critics as their finest.

No comments:

Post a Comment