Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Architecture in Helsinki - Places like this

I had a strange confrontation the other day walking through pitt st mall. I was on my way back from nowhere in particular when i saw walking towards me a dishevelled man carrying a colourful square box. As we got closer to crossing paths i tried to figure out what it was that he was carrying. I finally figured out that it was the packaging for an Xbox360 console, a green white and orange striped motif kind of like a rainboe for irishmen. At the exact moment i figured this out the gentleman carrying the box looked at me and exulted "i didn't fucking steal it ya dickhead". and kept on walking past me. I stopped dead in my tracks and looked back at the man who had turned around to mutter some more words over his shoulder at me. I was speechless. I mean what do you say to that? should i have tried and explained that not for one second did i think, just because of his ragged clothing, that he had stolen the item he was carrying and that i was merely trying to work out what it was. And that i wasn;t trying to work out what is was purely so i could estimate the likelyhood of him possesing the item without some form of theft involved. And that really even if i was thinking that he stolen it, why did he chose me amongst the hundred other people he had passed to hurl his abuse at? So the moral of the story is don't look at people. and secondly if someone if so quick to be defensive about stealing something, they have either been accused one too many times, or they've stolen it.

No comments:

Post a Comment