Friday, May 29, 2009

At the drive in - Relationship of Command

Well i've been given my first sledge by one of my readers, which has now made me completely paranoid about checking everything i write twice. In case you hadn't noticed i'm quite a sloppy writer, i never use spell check, and i rarely re-read what i have written given that i hate reading anything that i write. sort of makes it hard to proof when you can't stand reading your own thoughts. I prefer the whole stream of consciousness style which is why i'm a big fan of Kerouac, Burroughs and Faulkner. Anyway i'll try to keep the mistakes to a minimum to give my readers less chance to poke fun at me. And because of that i'm not going to write anything at all about At the drive in I'm not going to tell you that there are some great hardcore post-punk inspired tunes, with some brilliantly phrased, desperate and angry lyrics delivered by a screaming, wailing Cedric Bixler. You don't need me to tell you that you will hate most of this album, you'll realise that after about 50 seconds. but it's worth hanging in for 'pattern against user', radio hit 'one armed scissor' and Quarantined. It's anti-establishment rage for smart young people, and i'm not any of those things so the rest of it is wasted on me.

1 comment: